Sunday, March 22, 2009

one last touch of the future


On Thursday, March 26, Wm Turner Gallery in Atlanta (there are William Turner Galleries elsewhere) opens a show by Joseph Nechvatal, described in his Wikipedia entry as a "post-conceptual-art digital artist and art theorist," and decidedly worthy of your personal attention if you are part of the Atlanta segment of my readership, and your online attention if you are not.

But I have no idea what is going to be in this exhibition, so I can't do much to explain why whatever it is might be worth your while. His earlier work making installations and individual artworks with computer viruses was part of what earned him a slot in Documenta 8 in 1987. In more recent years, he has pursued art that addresses artifical-life projects and "an interface between the biological and the technological."

More details to come, I'm sure, on artrelish.com and burnaway.org. My ninety minutes are up. (See preceding posts.)

No comments: