Monday, January 25, 2010

the things one learns messing around academic biographies

Perusing Jeffrey Kripal's bio on the Rice University website (in conjunction with the issues I have raised in three years' worth of essays on my other blog), I have belatedly discovered that Rice University Press is fully engaged with the digital era, publishing rigorously edited peer-reviewed academic titles that are available for reading online or for purchase as an on-demand hard copy. They include at least two titles on problems of art history and intellectual-property rights in the age of digital reproduction.

At least some people are entering the twenty-first century without an undue amount of flouncing and hand-wringing. Even though I am the ultimate print-oriented late adopter, I am always excited to see an academic institution that has figured out how to use appropriate technology:

http://ricepress.rice.edu/

No comments: